22 July, 2008

21 July, 2008

13 July, 2008

Basic support of most popular DVCSs is ready :)

I've finished Bazaar and Mercurial basic support in KDevelop. Writing Bazaar plugin was very painful: still don't know why KDevelop wasn't able to load it (diff shows nothing interesting).
The code is already in the KDE's svn repository :) But to get KDevplatform you can use my git repo ;)

06 July, 2008

GitPlugin (basic support) v1.0pre2 for KDevelop released

I had some experiments with generic DVCS support implementation: first I implemented template (mainly because I wanted to play with templates: never had such experience before):
template header
template implementation

The thing I noticed that Qt doesn't support templates. It sucks.
Then after speaking with my mentor I implemented superclass (he noticed I can create required "CommandExecutor" in constructor instead of using it as template argument. And for every derived class only constructor (and QString name()) has to be implemented. See dvcsplugin in the directory.

Note: git rules, you can do many, many experiments. And experiments is a good thing to check your ideas.

P.S. And I have another release today. I'm 19! I become really old xD

05 July, 2008

new release, codename 19 :D

Changelogggggg: something fixed, something broken. But only you can say if the whole "product" is OK :D
Version 19 released! :D :D :D

Laptops (acer/asus/...) onboard microphones (hda-intel)

Today I was asked to prepare a video conference and... I was upset by the thing my microphone (neither internal or external) doesn't work. I don't have Windows on my laptop to do tests (only on VMware for my webcam). Since I was in a hurry I didn't google much (found some things about playing with model=SOMETHING --> /etc/modprobe.d/sound, but failed to achive the victory. In 3 hours I tried just to use workstation, reconfigure my sounddriver, installed oss, etc. Don't mind I was doing it all 3 hours: I had a tea, had a lunch, cleaned the room and also downloaded 60mb kernel source (headers package on SUSE looks broken) to build VMWare modules, 100mb VMplayer and 200mb VMWorkstatib (I used it last time, so decided it had something special, but it had not).
And now I googled my problem in 5 (!!!) minutes.
The recipe:
run alsaconf, if you get no results check 'head -n 1 /proc/asound/card0/codec*'. I have such output:
==> /proc/asound/card0/codec#0 <==
Codec: Realtek ALC883
==> /proc/asound/card0/codec#1 <==
Codec: LSI Si3054

Search for you codec (in my case ALC883) in /usr/src/linux/Documentation/sound/alsa/ALSA-Configuration.txt
Try to add model names to the /etc/modprobe.d/sound:
options snd-hda-intel model=laptop
alias snd-card-0 snd-hda-intel
alias sound-slot-0 snd-hda-intel

First I recomend to use your laptom vendor name (acer/asus/hp etc). For me it doesn't work. But model=laptop works for internal microphone and 3stack is ok for external.
I got all the information from the net. Thanks for the working model names to
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.os.linux.slackware/browse_thread/thread/534a6f3aebd8c9ee